*Clicking a job title will display the details.
Posted on: 09/25/2020
City of Cincinnati
Real Estate and Property Management Division
The City of Cincinnati Law Department is seeking a Senior Real Estate Appraiser to serve in the Real Estate Services and Property Management Division. Well-qualified candidates with exceptional credentials may be considered for the position of Chief Real Estate Appraiser.
The ideal candidate can perform complex real estate appraisals, manage complicated real estate projects from inception to completion, and administer property management functions for the City of Cincinnati with limited need for supervision. The successful applicant will be responsible for producing formal and informal opinions of market value for the City’s interests in real property; assisting with the negotiation, acquisition, and disposition of the City’s interests in real property; and overseeing the inventory and management of the City’s interests in real property.
· Draft and review real estate appraisals, recommending market value estimates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations for the acquisition and disposal of real property related to public infrastructure and economic development projects.
· Support various City departments in the acquisition and disposition of real property interests in a timely manner, pursuant to applicable law and regulations.
· Negotiate and manage professional service agreements for the services of contract real estate specialists, acquisition agents, appraisers, and other real estate consultants.
· Manage and review deliverables from contract and staff real estate specialists, acquisition agents, appraisers, and other real estate consultants.
· Manage all aspects of the acquisition and disposition process by coordinating, monitoring, and quality checking real estate deliverables, drafting status reports, and advising on real estate acquisition timelines, costs, and issues.
· A Certified General Appraiser license.
· 3 years’ experience performing moderate to complex appraisals.
· Ability to write and interpret legal descriptions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent planning, organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
· Fluency with computers, including Microsoft Office products.
· Experience working with local, state, or federal government in a real estate capacity.
· Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and procedures used to acquire real property interests for public infrastructure projects.
· Ability to interpret and analyze right of way plans, site plans, zoning maps, title reports, engineering reports, and environmental site assessments.
· Experience working on appropriation proceedings, including experience negotiating complicated, high value acquisitions.
· Experience in partial interest analysis and easement acquisitions.
· Advanced familiarity or technical knowledge working with Geographic Information System (GIS) products to perform data analysis, management, and manipulation a plus.
· Experience working independently on multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines and the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
· The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
Appraisers should send their resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on: 08/31/2020
Lake County Auditor's Office is seeking a Deputy Auditor - Appraisal Manager, Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Brief summary: Under direction of the Auditor: oversees procedures and personnel involved in real property valuation; performs statistical analysis of real property values; prepares and files report as required by statute and rule; creates and provides additional analysis and oversight in the name of public good; represents department at public hearings; responsible for training and teaching of staff.
Perform statistical analysis to insure uniform, consistent and equitable valuation; develop, maintain and calibrate the appraisal model; develop and maintain an operations manual. Ensures all parcels of land and buildings in the county have values applied in a uniform and condidtent manor; oversee processing of related documents; oversee and coordinate training of appraisers in real property appraisal techniques and approaches; oversee appraisals and reviews resulting from taxpayer appeals or requests from the court, prosecutor, or commissioners; processes formal complaints for the Board of Revision; acts as expert witness in hearings before the Tax Appeals Board (State of Ohio), Court of Common Pleas, Board of Revision, prosecutor, courts, and Department of Tax Equalization. Supervises personell in appraisal section of the Auditor's office (e.g., train employees, schedule and assign work, evaluate performance, recommend discipline or commendation, approve or deny leave requests, etc.). Prepares or supervises preparation and submission of records, reports, and other documentation in compliance with the Department of Tax Equalization.
Click the following link for the full position description and more information.
Posted on: 07/08/2020
CLARIO - FIELD STAFF APPRAISERS (REMOTE)
Clario Appraisal Network, Inc. is a full-service residential real estate appraisal firm comprised of highly experienced appraisers, providing the highest quality services across the nation. We specialize in real estate valuations for the mortgage lending and financial services industries.
Clario is powered by Clear Capital’s unmatched technology platforms, service, and data, providing our partners with the insight to make confident financial decisions.
If you are looking to work for a top-rated real estate valuation firm that prides itself with world-class customer service, quality control, and innovative technology application, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
We are Hiring in the following location(s): Columbus, OH
The primary responsibility of the Staff Field Appraiser is to accept and complete market value residential property appraisal orders according to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) guidelines, federal and state appraisal laws, and client directives ensuring that quality and quantity guidelines are met and that the conclusions reached in the report are accurate and/or appropriate.
FSA’s will complete real estate appraisals within a defined territory from non-complex to highly complex assignments. Responsible for data management including collection, verification and analysis of sales, pending sales, listings, as well as maintaining other information required for the valuation process. Work in a team environment to accomplish production and service goals and consistently meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
We realize the value of our employees and offer an excellent competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
•Eligibility to enroll in all health plans, effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of uninterrupted employment
•Two Anthem Blue Cross medical insurance plan options: Premier PPO and Basic (high deductible) PPO
•$30,000 of life insurance ($25k with Anthem, $5k with UNUM)
•Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for all members of your household
•Mass Mutual 401(k) plan – eligible to participate upon hire; company matching
•10 days of PTO and 11 holidays
•Expense reimbursement (including mileage)
JOIN CLARIO TODAY!
Send resume to Christine.Compton@clearcapital.com
For more information please visit https://www.clearcapital.com/join-us/corporate-careers/
**All job postings will be valid for 6 months, unless otherwise directed, after which you will need to contact us so we can update the posting date and any new information. This way, potential employers/employees will know the posts are still valid and current. To update your post, please email email@example.com if you wish for it to remain on the website.
***The OCAI is not responsible for the validity of these ads.